The White Room closes

The White Room, the fashion and sewing studio in Crofton Park, is closing. The founder Nicky Cook plans to relocate to open a pattern cutting studio in new premises. Nicky writes:

"It's been 3 years since I opened the doors of The White Room to bring fashion, fun and creativity to our leafy corner of South East London. I have loved every minute of it! Now there are new plans afoot......with clients like ASOS and Top Shop using my patterns I have decided to take the plunge and open my Nicky Cook pattern cutting studio doors in a new premises this Spring.

"Although it is sad to say goodbye to our White Room studio, it is time to celebrate all that we have achieved over the past 3 years. I want to say a huge thanks to everyone for the support, encouragement and fun you have brought to me at The White Room."

The White Room was an exotic business in our midst and will be a loss. But if we must lose a local business, it's nice to see it go on to bigger and better things. It closes just before Christmas.